Personal - being used as a project management system to store store images, files, documents, notes and tasks
Personal client - where every project or case can be allocated to a client
Professional - users can choose to share information with other specific users on a record by record basis
• needed to be accessible from any device - iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC, using a browser or a client App;
• needed to be fast over even a basic 3G cellular network;
• needed to be cheap to host;
• should be as simple to use as Apple Notes when getting started.
"I am confident that this is the best thing we have ever created for professionals - it builds on the development ideas we have been testing for the past three years - and it is radically different from many other professional information systems.
We have developed a form of data architecture we call Universal Professional Systems Architecture (UPSA) which can be readily configured for use in a variety of professional areas.
1. it is very simple to look at and easy to get started - and - you can access it from many different sizes and types of device - it can be small on a phone and large on a big screen;
2. it is fast - even over a cellular 3G network with a mobile device;
3. there are two completely different ways of looking at your data - structured or unstructured:
“structured" means a traditional client / case / transactional records tree form
“unstructured" means you can look at / search all your data in one single list;
4. there is only one field in which to enter data - deskspace then extracts specific data from the single field and stores it in seperate fields - where it can be used by the system - but you only ever need to edit the single master field for any record.
In consequence, the new Deskspace App does look blindingly simple - but there is a great deal built in under the bonnet - this is the sort of App I have always wanted where I can access and share my professional information in a completely controlled fashion at any time on any device."